myspace


Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bienvenidos al Mexico!

I want to take a moment to welcome everyone to our Mexico blog! You can view all of our entries as long as you have access to a computer, but if you want to comment on anything you need to sign up for an account. All you have to do is click the "comments" link below this post and that will take you to the screen where you can sign up for an account. It's really easy, so please sign up because we'd love to hear from you!

The title of our blog is the words of Jesus at Acts 1:8, where he said in part, "you will be witnesses of me...to the most distant part of the earth." As most of you know, our purpose in going is to help the congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses there to reach as many people as possible with the good news!

Some neat info on Guadalajara: The city itself has the same population as the whole state of Arizona, at around 6 million people. There are two congregations in Zapopan (a little section of the city, close to where we're staying), one Spanish and one English, and their territory contains about 1/3 of the population of Guadalajara. As you can imagine, our help is desperately needed!

Anyway, this is just the first of many entries we will have to document our awesome journey south of the border. I hope you're all as excited about it as I am! Love you all!

Your sister,
Kate :)

11 comments:

MamaRosa said...

Hi girls I am so excited for you!

pvblondie said...

Hey! I am soooo excited for you. . . and, jealous, of course. When do you leave? How long are you staying?

Precusora said...

HOLA! Estoy comentando en mi blog(?) Que emocionante! Solamente 6 semanas y 3 dias a la viage (estoy contando)! YAY! No puedo esperar! Necesito a practicar mi espanol, porque no puedo hablar muy bueno. Estoy anticipando mucho sus comentarios!

Translation:
HI! I (Kelsey) am commenting on my blog! How EXCITING! Only 6 weeks and 3 days to the TRIP! I'm counting. YAY! I can't wait! I need to practice my spanish because I can't speak it very well. I'm really looking forward to all of your comments!

YAY again!

Guadalajara Girls said...

THANK YOU MOMMY!!! And hello Cheryl, it's great to hear from you! We're leaving September 8, arriving the 9th, and staying until the 25th. Not nearly long enough, but it's going to be so much fun!!! Kelsey, no digas que tu espanol es mal! Estoy contando tambien.
Love you all! -Kate

tazwyle said...

SO Excited for you Girls I hope you all have a great time Love Ya

Eli Mireles said...

Me hubiera gustado ir contigo pero estare lista para ir a Mexico en el 2009. Te amo!

bretana_de_americana said...

Ooh! I'm so excited to read what you write while you guys are gone! I'm going to miss you! Te amo!

Anonymous said...

Only one week to go girls!

Timmytoodles said...

Mexico that is a long way it might even be in another country.

syl n maxine said...

Hola, squared K's
lets see, 1/3 of a city of 6 million? you two are going to be fun busy for a while! we are so(!!) envious of your great adventure. you know you are both loved and missed and doing wonderful and needed work. our prayer to Jehovah is that you are protected and well received. stay yourselves (we know you will). Love from 2 little old ladies in Idaho (that's north of Guadalajuara)

Eli Mireles said...

Hola mi amiga!
It sounds like you guys are having a wonderful time in Mexico. Cant wait to see you and have you tell me todas tus experiencias. I know that next year we can enjoy cool experiences together. Wel, I will blog later. I love you so much mi hermanita. Take lots of pics and dont drink any more margaritas =)... love, liz Ry